The Middle School experience provides a wealth of learning – from the fundamentals of a strong academic program to the development of essential life skills. Our highly qualified faculty promotes the success of each student by addressing individual needs and setting high standards overall. Unique features of our program include:
- A rigorous core academic curriculum which prepares students to excel in challenging high school programs
- Development of important 21st Century skills of critical thinking, creativity, communication, and collaboration through advanced STEAM instruction
- Leadership opportunities through Student Council, peer tutoring, and khutba (sermon) training
- A creative arts program that includes the visual arts, choir concert, acting, ceramics, and filmmaking
- A stimulating electives program with courses in chess strategies, media literacy, public speaking, robotics, coding, web design, woodworking, yearbook, and community service
- A structured advisory program to help students develop positive connections with their peers and teachers, address their social and emotional needs, and offer additional academic support.
- Curriculum-related field trips to such places as Aquarium of the Pacific, Ballona Wetlands, Riley’s Farm (Civil War Reenactment), Columbia Memorial Space Center, Getty Villa, Griffith Observatory, International Printing Museum, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Science Center, and Skirball Cultural Center
- An enriching after-school program that includes the engineering club, farm-to-table class, sports teams (boys and girls), and the debate team
- Overnight outdoor education experiences focusing on team building and wilderness skills in the San Bernardino Mountains and the Channel Islands
- A culminating eighth grade trip to Washington, D.C.
- Matriculation to highly selective schools such as Polytechnic School, Flintridge Preparatory School, Westridge School, and Harvard-Westlake